The 3 minute video animation to accompany the Norfolk Threshold Guide has gone live! Take a look …
Our school has a duty to provide a safe and secure environment for its children and to promote the welfare of its pupils. All visitors to the school are required to report to the school office first, for security reasons. There is a security lock on the entrance door. We have a Safeguarding Policy in place. All staff and volunteers are aware of our procedures and have been subject to the necessary vetting security checks.
Each school has a Senior Designated Safeguarding Professional and a secondary DSP and all staff receive safefuarding training that is updated regularly. If you have any concerns, please speak with a Designated Safeguarding Professional in the relevant school.
Safeguarding and the Curriculum
Areas of the curriculum educate children about safeguarding issues, for example through PSHE and topics such as using the internet safely, drugs, sex and relationships. Safety issues and subjects are discussed and safe practises are also taught, for example through the safe use of play and PE equipment.
Health and Safety
We have a Health and Safety Policy and provide a safe secure environment. We work in accordance with Norfolk County Council and carry out regular Health and Safety inspections and fire drills.
At all times, we ensure that appropriate pupil/adult ratios are maintained and risk assessments are carried out for all activities and school trips.
If the school has to close due to extreme weather conditions, parents are advised to listen to BBC Radio Norfolk or Heart FM which gives local school closures at regular intervals. Or look on the Norfolk County Council, school closures website – www.disruptions.norfolk.gov.uk/nccclosures_schools.html.
- Primary School Parents’ Guide to Online Safety
- A Guide to Technology for Parents – Social Media
- Safeguarding Policy – Frettenham Primary
- Safeguarding Policy – Hainford Primary
- Safeguarding Policy – St. Faiths’ Primary
- Safeguarding Policy Appendix 4
- Safeguarding Children Whistleblowing Policy
- Safeguarding Quick Guide
- Operation Encompass Poster – Frettenham
Safeguarding Information for Visitors and Volunteers
- Frettenham Safeguarding Information for visitors and volunteers
- Hainford Safeguarding Information for visitors and volunteers
- St. Faiths’ Safeguarding Information for visitors and volunteers