Class 2 Hainford
Summer 1 Term - Hainford - Class 2 Mr Paul Cross
Week 1 - W/C 20/04/2020
Letter about home learning - 20/04/2020
Lesson Plan 20/04/2020
Spellings Year 1 & 2
Spelling Year 3 & 4
Week 2 W/C 27/04/2020
Lesson plan 27/04/2020
Make your own clock
Make a moving foil boat
Week 3 W/C 04/05/2020
Lesson plan 04/05/2020
Marvin and Milo,how to sew an ice-cube
An unexpected adventure
Week 4 W/C 11/05/2020
Lesson plan 11/05/2020
Science fun at home- Spider safari
Fun Maths - Noah
Week 5 W/C 18/05/2020
Lesson plan 18/05/2020
Science fun at home - Musical
Summer 2 - Hainford Class 2 Mr Paul Cross
Week 1 W/C 1/06/2020
Lesson Plan 1/06/2020
The Night Theives
Ideas to support your Year 3 child:
- Recall 3, 4 and 8 multiplications as well as their division facts
- Use everyday objects to write fractions
- Compare, order, add and subtract fractions with the same denominators
- Measure objects around the house using a ruler and record in mm and cm
- Baking is a perfect way to measure mass and capacity
- Tell and write the time in 24 hour and analogue - do this at certain times of the day. Ask your children to help create a timetable
- Draw 2D shapes and use a ruler to measure their sides
- Add and subtract money using both pounds and pence
- Ensure your child reads every day. Ask your child to give you a recount of what they have read.
- Ask your children to keep a diary and include:
- Conjunctions (if, since, at when, although, because), adverbs and prepositions (during, before, after, behind, in front of, between) to make sentences longer
- Speech in sentences
Year 3 Home Learning Pack
Year 3 Home Learning - Practical Ideas
Year 3 Home Learning Parent Guidance and Answers
Ideas to support your Year 2 child:
- Read everyday
- Write book reviews for the books you finish
- Keep a diary
- Practise 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Complete calculations using all four operations (+, -, x and ÷)
- Measure objects around your home and record the lengths
- Go on a 3D shape hunt, write the names of all the shapes you find, then make a table and record the number of faces, edges and vertices for each object.
- Collect some coins from your money box, list the coins you have and find the total amount. Try to make the same amount using different coins.
Year 2 Home Learning Pack
Year 2 Home Learning - Practical Ideas
Year 2 Home Learning Parent Guidance and Answers
Writing and Topic ideas
World War II Medley
World War II Songs
We’re really excited to invite you to get involved in a special #YVatHome project over the next few weeks!
Young Voices, the current Guinness World Record holders for the world’s largest simultaneous sing are staging the the World’s Largest Children’s Choir at Home for a record breaking #PowerInMe Singing Challenge and dedicate it to all our teachers.
On 2nd June 2020 - you are invited along with families and children from across the world to pay tribute to all teachers by joining together to sing “The Power in Me” from the safety of your own homes.
You can register your involvement at youngvoices.co.uk/powerinme to access learning resources for the song. More importantly - we are asking you to share this email with your parents and children to get them directly involved.
In the weeks leading up to the main event on 2nd June, you are encouraged to take part in the #PowerInMe singing challenge and to film yourselves singing the song’s lyrics “I've got the Power In Me" and post it online with the hashtag to see who responds completing the song’s chorus "You’ve got the Power in You!".
Online survey for parents to complete with their child
See Something, Hear Something, Say Something campaign